What is the JTE?
"Scouting's Journey to Excellence" (JTE) is the BSA's council performance recognition program designed to encourage and reward success and measure the performance of our units, districts, and councils. It is meant to encourage excellence in providing a quality program at all levels of the BSA.
Resource: BSA's Journey to Excellence
How can JTE improve my unit?
- A framework for planning the year.
- A method for evaluating your unit.
- Guidance in areas where you might do better.
- Specific guidelines and standards of what is considered good performance.
- Early warning of potential problem areas.
- Recognition for good Scouting.
- Benchmarking to get ideas and tips from other good units.
Resource: What Journey to Excellence Brings to Your Unit
What are the JTE requirements for my unit?
JTE requirements for Packs, Troops, Crews, Ships and Posts are provided on JTE Scorecards and tracking spreadsheets.
Resource: JTE Scorecards
Resource: JTE Tracking Spreadsheets
When do we complete the JTE scorecard?
The Journey to Excellence is intended as a continuous improvement program. You should continue to update the scorecard throughout the year. JTE results are collected at end of year as part of the unit recharter process.
Who can answer JTE questions?
Questions about the JTE program may be directed to the Commissioner Team.
Resource: PTC Commissioner Contacts